The d166 bullets sports the same design as the legendary D46 bullet, but with a larger diameter. Lapua’s D166 bullets has been used in Finnish military applications since 1936 and it still has a great reputation among traditional mid-range and long range rifle target shooters.
The Lapua Mega is for hunting big game. This bullet is at its best in the field and typically more than duplicates on impact, causing an immediate shock effect in your quarry. The Mega is a soft point bullet with a protective copper jacket – traditional hunting performance. This ensures that the bullet’s lead alloy core remains intact when shooting through brush or branch. The mechanical bonding locks the lead alloy in place, allowing the bullet to achieve up to 97% weight retention. Mega product family covers the most popular calibers in Scandinavia including 9 products.
The Hornady A-Tip Match bullet is the result of years of research and testing by the Hornady Ballistic Development Group, combined with an investment in advanced manufacturing processes and quality control measures have led to the creation of the ultimate low drag, high performance match bullet.
- Aluminum tip is precision machined and longer than polymer tips which moves the center of gravity and enhances in flight stability
- Aeroballistically advanced tip design results in tighter groups and reduced drag variability
- Perfect blend of ogive, tip length, bearing surface and optimized boattail by caliber
- Doppler radar verified low drag coefficient (high BC) bullets are forgiving of twist rate, seating depth and muzzle velocity
- Refined design of the AMP bullet jacket offers industry leading uniformity and concentricity
- Right off the press – sequentially packaged, one clone after another for the ultimate in consistent performance
- Minimal handling throughout the manufacturing process ensures consistency from bullet to bullet
- Packaged with a polishing bag to prepare bullets for loading (bullets aren’t bulk washed after manufacture)