cci 450 primers
cci 450 primers are continuously tested and improved. As a result today’s CCI primers are more sensitive, easier to seat and more compatible with progressive and automated loading equipment than ever before. They utilize modern non-corrosive and non-mercuric initiator mixes for the cleanest burn possible.
one real-world shooting conditions require more aggressive initiation than provided by standard primers. Large cases, cold weather, and certain propellants often require a hotter primer flame and a longer burn. CCI Magnum primers offer you that edge, plus you get all the attributes that make all CCI primers so great.
These are the “bread-and-butter” of reloading, the most commonly called-for primers in reloading recipes. CCI standard primers are remarkably clean-burning, leaving primer pockets cleaner and extending the time between pocket cleaning. That’s a huge benefit for progressive reloaders. They are more sensitive and easier to seat than older CCI primers, and engineered for smooth feeding in automated equipment.
CCI 450 Primers provide the additional heat required for reliable, consistent ignition.
The primers generate a 20% hotter flame to light propellants in the harshest conditions while remaining as sensitive as all CCI primers.
- Increase the amount of heat and ignition power.
- In the harshest hunting conditions, the flame is 20% hotter to light propellants.
- There is no loss of sensitivity.
- 23 percent hotter flame than standard primers
- Increased flame duration
- Initiator compound engineered to ignite
- ball/spherical propellants
- Improved sensitivity for “critical-need” loading
- Large capacity cases
- Heavily-deterred propellants
- Ambient firing temperatures below 20° F
- Usage Note: Use Magnum primers only where
- called for in published reloading data